Rebecca Minkoff Bag // Similar Bags Below
As you probably know by now, eBay is a place I visit frequently for lots of designer products. Because who doesn’t love an amazing deal? This mama does, that’s for sure. I’ve scored A LOT of amazing things on eBay and I’m often asked how, specifically, “how do you know it’s authentic?” This is a totally valid question, especially in the world of online shopping. You never want to be in the position where you’re expecting a specific quality of product, but what arrives at your door doesn’t match the pictures or the price you paid.
If you’ve ever wanted to shop on eBay, but have let this fear hold you back, don’t worry! I’ve got you covered with five tips that’ll leave you wondering why you didn’t start shopping on eBay sooner!
How to buy authentic luxury items off eBay 101
1. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. It can be hard to turn away from what appears to be the perfect item. The best thing to do in these instances, though, is listen to your instincts and not buy the product.
2. Research the seller and read his/her feedback. This may feel a little time consuming, but it’s worth it to avoid buying an inauthentic product. Reviews from other buyers can be very telling, so take the time to vet sellers.
3. Compare pricing. Again, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I recommend browsing around and trying to find multiple options of whatever it is you’re looking for. This way you can compare what the sellers are asking for and then compare it to what it retails for. If there’s one option that’s significantly lower, be skeptical.
4. Note where the item is coming from. For example, if a product is coming from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan or anywhere international, I usually skip that seller and keep looking. I’ve only ever purchased from US sellers. The location of the seller can be a major red flag for authenticity, so pay close attention to this.
5. Don’t be shy about asking the seller for a serial number or receipt. I’ve found it really helpful to speak with the seller before I bid with any additional questions I may have. You have nothing to lose by doing this. Most are very kind and offer up any and all details about the product they’re selling.
If you’re still hesitant about taking on these tips, take a look at eBay Authenticate!
Thank you ebay for sponsoring this post!